Frisco Enterprise > News
Leadership Frisco class XVI takes part in challenge course
Members of Leadership Frisco class XVI 2012-2013 at the Challenge by Choice Course at Leadership on the Move. Photo courtesy of Leadership Frisco.
Members of Leadership Frisco class XVI 2012-2013 met in September at the Challenge by Choice Course at Leadership on the Move to take the challenge of leaping from a 23-foot tall pole into thin air to grab at 3-foot long bar. This jump was only one part of the challenge course that is more than an outdoor adventure.
"It's a venue for our leadership class to develop group trust, goal-setting, problem solving and teamwork," said Peter Burns, chair of the Leadership Frisco Advisory Council. "This type of endeavor is part of the process of developing trust among each other and leads to success as a solid team."
The class continued to meet the challenge with temperatures running upwards to 102 degrees, where plenty of water and moving at a slower pace were really the main course of the day. Comments like "pass the gloves" and "are there more cool pops" were heard repeatedly. And as the day ended, you could hear from all participants, "I can't believe I really did that."
Leadership Frisco is a community leadership program sponsored by the Frisco Chamber of Commerce dedicated to developing a pool of well-informed, highly motivated individuals qualified to assume leadership roles in the community.
Members of Class XVI include:
- Elise Back, Frisco Economic Development Corporation economic development specialist
- Ben Brezina, city of Frisco assistant to the city manager
- Brandon Burden, Spectrum DFW managing principal
- John Classe, Bell Financial Group certified financial planner
- Laura Crow, Branch Banking and Trust Co. (BB&T) Financial Center Leader, AVP
- Jenny Dowdy, Keller Williams Frisco Stars realtor
- Jon Hardesty, Collin College dean of academic affairs for science, technology, math and engineering
- Herman Hill, HCI IT Services Inc. Executive vice president
- Shona Huffman, Prestonwood Church Wedding coordinator
- Dana Jones, C.A.K.E.! Crimes Against Kids Eliminated volunteer executive director
- Trey Kennedy, BKM Sowan Horan, LLP Partner
- Teri Krutewicz, Frisco Chamber of Commerce director of finance
- Ryan Langston, Strasburger & Price, LLP attorney
- Laura Madden, Sci-Tech Discovery Center development and membership manager
- Robert Moroch, Boeing Facilities project administrator
- Marcellus Rainey, The Cell, Inc. President & Owner
- Monaz Siganporia, Citibank Teller
- Bradley Smith, Peterson Construction Inc. project manager
- Michael Stevenson, BDO USA, LLP Partner, CPA
- Samuel Terry, Oracle, Inc. systems marketing manager